At the International Wine Challenge (IWC), the world’s largest wine tasting competition, the “Gokeiji Daiginjo Annual Japan Sake Awards Entry Sake” won the “Ibaraki Daiginjo Trophy”, second only to Grand Prix in the Daiginjo category.
The International Wine Challenge is the world’s largest and most prestigious wine competition and is well-known for having the most rigorous judging in the world. The SAKE division was set up in 2007, and our brewery has entered every year since 2016, the year when our “Junmai Ginjo Hitachinishiki” won first place in the Junmai Ginjo category trophy.
At this tasting competition, four types of evaluation are given based on the results of the judging: “Gold Medal”, “Silver Medal”, “Bronze Medal” and “Recommended Sake of the Competition” and the most outstanding sake among the Gold Medal winners will be awarded the title of “Trophy”.
In 2022, 1,732 brands entered in the SAKE division, of which 32 were awarded trophies. The “Gokeiji Daiginjo Annual Japan Sake Awards Entry Sake” was one of them.
■Click here for the list of winning sake brands in the “Sake division” at the International Wine Challenge 2022＞＞
■International Wine Challenge（English website）
In addition, in the “Junmai Sake Category”, our “Special Junmai Sake” that has changed the rice to Hitachinishiki this year, and in the “Junmai Ginjo Sake Category”, our regular product “Junmai Ginjo Omachi” have won the silver medal.
Junmai Ginjo Omachi
Special Junmai Sake
- Brewing Better Sake than the Previous Year… Change is to Make History. Shigenobu Aoki, 7th Generation Brewer
- The Brewer of the Next Generation, Woven by the 7.5 Generation, Chisa Aoki
- Kazuhiro Yanai, the Chief Brewer of our Brewery, is Dedicated to Happy Brewing
- “Goddess of Inheritance – Chisa Aoki (27), 8th generation brewer of ‘Aoki Sake Brewery’, which has a history of 186 years in Koga, Ibaraki”
- Not a GOKEIJI, Initiative Taken by the Twenties – Nisai no Kamoshi
- The Best Non-pressed Series that the Chief Brewer Has Created with Dedication
- Won “Ibaraki Daiginjo Trophy” in SAKE Division at IWC 2022
- Gold Award Winner of SAKE COMPETITION 2019
- Won the top prize in the Junmai Ginjo Sake category of “SAKE Division” at the IWC 2016 and the top prize in the Ginjo category at the U.S. National Sake Appraisal 2016
- Won the third place in the Junmai Ginjo category at the SAKE COMPETITION 2015