At the “SAKE COMPETITION 2019”, where 1,919 sake products from all over Japan and the world were entered, our “Gokeiji Junmai Ginjo Omachi” was awarded Gold (7th place) in the “Junmai Ginjo Category”.
In addition, Gokeiji Junmai Ginjo Omachi has received a special award, the “JAL Flying Sake Award”, which was awarded to only one of the participating sakes and the winner will be served in JAL’s international business class and domestic first-class cabins from 2020 to 2022.
Gokeiji Junmai Ginjo Omachi
This Junmai Ginjo that we proudly recommend is characterized by its mild aroma, and a juicy fruity taste that harmonizes sweetness and acidity and brewed with “Omachi”, which is carefully cultivated by Okayama farmer Iwato.
This Junmai Ginjo has won an honor prize in the “Omachi Summit” competition, which is held to select the best sake brewed with Omachi produced in Okayama Prefecture.
Rice used: 100% of “Omachi” produced in Okayama Prefecture Yeast used: Self-made yeast Sake degree : +-0 Acidity : 1.5
- Brewing Better Sake than the Previous Year… Change is to Make History. Shigenobu Aoki, 7th Generation Brewer
- The Brewer of the Next Generation, Woven by the 7.5 Generation, Chisa Aoki
- Kazuhiro Yanai, the Chief Brewer of our Brewery, is Dedicated to Happy Brewing
- “Goddess of Inheritance – Chisa Aoki (27), 8th generation brewer of ‘Aoki Sake Brewery’, which has a history of 186 years in Koga, Ibaraki”
- Not a GOKEIJI, Initiative Taken by the Twenties – Nisai no Kamoshi
- The Best Non-pressed Series that the Chief Brewer Has Created with Dedication
- Won “Ibaraki Daiginjo Trophy” in SAKE Division at IWC 2022
- Gold Award Winner of SAKE COMPETITION 2019
- Won the top prize in the Junmai Ginjo Sake category of “SAKE Division” at the IWC 2016 and the top prize in the Ginjo category at the U.S. National Sake Appraisal 2016
- Won the third place in the Junmai Ginjo category at the SAKE COMPETITION 2015