Gokeiji Junmai Ginjo Hitachinishiki
Junmai made with “Hitachinishiki”, the best sake-brewing rice produced in Ibaraki Prefecture.
This is a Ginjo sake, which is a masterpiece of our brewery that boasts of refreshing aroma, deep flavor and clear aftertaste.
Suitable for drinking cold or at room temperature.
Rice used: Hitachinishiki produced in Ibaraki Prefecture| Rice polishing ratio: 50% | Yeast used: SYS yeast
In 2016, Gokeiji Junmai Ginjo Hitachinishiki won the top award in its respective category at two world-renowned tasting competitions.
All of us were surprised to receive this award despite the fact that this was the first time we
had participated in only Junmai Ginjo category at the IWC. This Junmai Ginjo is our leading
product, and we started out with the idea of creating a delicious sake with “Hitachinishiki”, the only sake-brewing rice in Ibaraki Prefecture, and SYS, a yeast produced in Ibaraki. The sake we have chosen to enter the competition is the one that we are most proud to deliver to the customers.
Our goal is to make our brand “Gokeiji” known to people overseas, and we hope that “Gokeiji” will become a familiar sake for the occasions of celebration.
「Special Feature on IWC 2016 Sake Award-Winning Sake Junmai Ginjo Sake Trophy Award Winner」
Gokeiji Junmai Ginjo Hitachinishiki has won the top award in the Junmai Ginjo category of sake division at the “International Wine Challenge (IWC) 2016”, the world’s largest wine tasting competitions.
■International Wine Challenge（English website）
Celebrating its 33rd year, the International Wine Challenge is the world’s largest and most prestigious wine competition and is well-known for having the most rigorous judging in the world. The SAKE division was set up in 2007 and celebrated its 10th anniversary in 2016.
In 2016, a total of 1,282 products entered and evaluated by 50 judges from Japan and abroad according to global standards, with only 5% of the Sake products were able to pass through the narrow gate to be awarded the Gold Medal. In addition, a trophy winner will be selected from the best items in each category.
“U.S. National Sake Appraisal 2016 Ginjo Category Grand Prix”
Gokeiji Junmai Ginjo Hitachinishiki has won the Grand Prix Award, the top award in the Ginjo category at the U.S. National Sake Appraisal held in Honolulu, Hawaii.
■U.S. National Sake Appraisal（English website）
The U.S. National Sake Appraisal has been held annually since 2001, with approximately 350 sake entries evaluated by a panel of 10 judges from Japan and the United States over a two-day period. The Sake with the top score will be awarded the Gold and Silver medals, and the “Grand Prix” and “Semi-Grand Prix” are awarded to the sake that receives the highest overall score from the Gold Award winners.
- Brewing Better Sake than the Previous Year… Change is to Make History. Shigenobu Aoki, 7th Generation Brewer
- The Brewer of the Next Generation, Woven by the 7.5 Generation, Chisa Aoki
- Kazuhiro Yanai, the Chief Brewer of our Brewery, is Dedicated to Happy Brewing
- “Goddess of Inheritance – Chisa Aoki (27), 8th generation brewer of ‘Aoki Sake Brewery’, which has a history of 186 years in Koga, Ibaraki”
- Not a GOKEIJI, Initiative Taken by the Twenties – Nisai no Kamoshi
- The Best Non-pressed Series that the Chief Brewer Has Created with Dedication
- Won “Ibaraki Daiginjo Trophy” in SAKE Division at IWC 2022
- Gold Award Winner of SAKE COMPETITION 2019
- Won the top prize in the Junmai Ginjo Sake category of “SAKE Division” at the IWC 2016 and the top prize in the Ginjo category at the U.S. National Sake Appraisal 2016
- Won the third place in the Junmai Ginjo category at the SAKE COMPETITION 2015