The largest number of 1,028 items have entered to compete for the top title in the world!
The competition is divided into four categories (Junmai Sake, Junmai Ginjo, Junmai Daiginjo, and FreeStyle), and blind judging was conducted by a panel of 36 technical advisors, experts, and brewers.
Click here for the details of SAKE COMPETITION
Gokeiji Junmai Ginjo Hitachinishiki
Junmai Ginjo made with “Hitachinishiki”, the best sake-brewing rice produced in Ibaraki Prefecture.
It is a masterpiece of our brewery which boasts of refreshing aroma, deep flavor and clear aftertaste.
Suitable for drinking cold or at room temperature.
Rice used: Hitachinishiki produced in Ibaraki Prefecture/ Rice polishing ratio: 50%/ Yeast used: SYS yeast/Sake degree: -1 / acidity: 1.4
- Brewing Better Sake than the Previous Year… Change is to Make History. Shigenobu Aoki, 7th Generation Brewer
- The Brewer of the Next Generation, Woven by the 7.5 Generation, Chisa Aoki
- Kazuhiro Yanai, the Chief Brewer of our Brewery, is Dedicated to Happy Brewing
- “Goddess of Inheritance – Chisa Aoki (27), 8th generation brewer of ‘Aoki Sake Brewery’, which has a history of 186 years in Koga, Ibaraki”
- Not a GOKEIJI, Initiative Taken by the Twenties – Nisai no Kamoshi
- The Best Non-pressed Series that the Chief Brewer Has Created with Dedication
- Won “Ibaraki Daiginjo Trophy” in SAKE Division at IWC 2022
- Gold Award Winner of SAKE COMPETITION 2019
- Won the top prize in the Junmai Ginjo Sake category of “SAKE Division” at the IWC 2016 and the top prize in the Ginjo category at the U.S. National Sake Appraisal 2016
- Won the third place in the Junmai Ginjo category at the SAKE COMPETITION 2015